Suzanne Simard Releases her Book “Finding the Mother Tree” on May 4th

On May 4, 2021, Mother Tree Project Lead Dr. Suzanne Simard will release her first book, Finding the Mother Tree: Discovering the Wisdom of the Forest.

In this moving and powerful memoir, Dr. Simard writes of her own life and research, weaving together her scientific discoveries and insights about tree communication with her deeply personal story of love and loss.

You can find out more about Suzanne’s book on her website at suzannesimard.com. If you’re interested in receiving updates about her upcoming book, you can sign up for her personal email list or follow her on Instagram.

12 thoughts on “Suzanne Simard Releases her Book “Finding the Mother Tree” on May 4th

1. Marc Bédard Pelchat says:

I think this book is already a bestseller. I for one bought it even before it was released and I am looking forward receiving it. This is so important and I hope it will eventually stop this clear-cutting that has been going on for more than 5 decades now, destroying the whole cycle of life on which we depend.

2. Tim Dumonceaux says:

I just finished reading Dr. Simard’s book. I went into the experience with some nonexpert knowledge of her work and emerged from it grateful for her gift of a deeper understanding of the beautiful BC forests and so deeply impressed by her strength, tenacity, and insightfulness. Highly recommended reading.

3. John Koon. Guemes Island Wa. says:

I just finished the book. Thank you Dr. Simard for this life’s work contribution to mankind. I came to this by way of Overstory & Hidden Life of Trees. Delightful pathway.

4. Sara Wright says:

I am a naturalist who lives in Maine where we are decimating our forests… I just finished the book and didn’t want it to end. I have loved trees all my life and as a writer continue to advocate for them. I would love to be part of this Mother Tree Project as a citizen scientist …. Perhaps someone could direct me to where I can find information on this issue. Suzanne ranks up there with Jane Goodall and Rachel Carson as heroines of mine.

5. Nancy Koziara-Clark says:

Hi
    Finishing up ‘Finding the Mother Tree”. What the author describes in the first is what I felt about the forests in my New England home in Massachusetts. Thank you for all the work you do to bring to the world, the discoveries of the successful, inter-related intelligent life of the forests. Defining this world according to human behaviors is not the truth…it’s ‘seeing’ this world as it is that is crucial. Hugs to all.

6. Laura bollinger says:

I read Finding the Mother Tree book. Is there a way to volunteer on this project? I have a BS in biology and up to orals in Pharmacology and have been a scientific writer for over 28 years.

7. Rodney Wood says:

Thank you! A book of hope and a good read on every level – scientific discovery, personal story and Canadian life. It deserves to be widely read.

8. Jacqueline Rich says:

reading it now. WOW, such depth of exploration – love that. A real treat to be so educated by someone who has REALLY done all this, herself. BRILLIANT….WELL DONE…..CHEERS …..

I’m loving your book; am on the Sunshine Coast, DAVIS BAY…Is there a group out here that I could join??
    Really would like to – with like minded folks – walks in the Forests here, with a knowledgeable leader.
    Anyone doing this?? If not, I’d participate in some way. Do contact me. Jacqueline Rich 778 977-9772

9. Merrilee Runyan says:

I just finished this book, purchased immediately after hearing Dr. Simard interviewed on National Public Radio. It moved me to tears, excitement and gratitude for documenting, in scientific language, what so many peoples of the world understand which is that we are all a part of nature, that life is connected and thrives in cooperation and collaboration and that we can heal ourselves by taking this understanding deep into ourselves. I think she has demonstrated that as we become members of our ecosystems we can assist in their healing as well.

10. David Brynn says:

Amen! I have just finished reading “Finding the Mother Tree”. It is a spectacular journey into the inner workings of a forest and an inspiring, soulful, spot-on forester. Your work aligns perfectly with our mission of putting forest ecosystem health first. We would love to join the The Mother Tree Project and bring it to Vermont. We are working with over 185 family forest holders with over 20,000 acres and we hold over 800 acres of permanently-conserved forever wild forests. We are already using Dr. Simard’s research to inform our family forest conservation plans. How can we help? Thank you and “May the forest be with you!”